B. Voc (Data Science) is the study of where information comes from, what it represents and how it can be turned into a valuable resource in the creation of business and IT strategies. It is a 3 year undergraduate course comprises 6 semesters. It focuses on Computer Science/IT, Machine Learning, Math and Statistics & Traditional Research.
A Data Scientist requires an integrated skill set spanning mathematics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, databases and optimization along with a deep understanding of the craft of problem formulation to engineer effective solutions.
- Students will demonstrate skill in data management.
- Students will develop relevant programming abilities
- Students will develop the ability to build and assess data-based models
- Students will execute statistical analyses with professional statistical software
- Students will demonstrate a sophisticated awareness of ethical implications relevant to the use of data, and particularly ‘big data’
- Students will learn about a detailed technical understanding of the key advanced tools and methods used in Data Science
Future Specialization –
- M.Sc. IT/CS